Perhaps the only factor that worries users about major streaming platforms like Netflix is the expensive subscription plans. But what if you found an app with thousands of movies and TV shows for free? You may have to dismiss this as a joke, but this is possible with Pluto TV in reality. If you want to experience hundreds of hours of streaming for free, here is a guide to help you learn how to enable Pluto TV.
- 1 How to activate Pluto TV
- 2 Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How to activate Pluto TV
What is Pluto TV?
Pluto TV; Netflix is an OTT streaming service similar to Amazon Prime and Disney Plus. However, unlike these services, Pluto TV is completely free and generates revenue based on advertisements. Along with content worth watching, the platforms also provide over 100 live TV channels, giving users a complete TV experience. The app that adds cherries to the cake is very easy to use and navigate and gives users the option to choose the paid service. If those features are good enough for you, here’s how to connect Pluto TV to your devices.
Should I enable Pluto TV?
Activating on Pluto TV is a somewhat complicated process. As a free service, Pluto does not require activation to watch channels and shows. The activation process was only for syncing multiple devices and using features like favourites and favourite shows. Until a few years ago, the process was necessary if you had to play Pluto TV on multiple devices. When playing Pluto TV on a new device, you will receive a code to your Pluto account. This code must be entered on your new device to sync both.
The activation feature is no longer available when Pluto TV gave users the option to sign up and create their own account. Therefore, activation on Pluto TV is basically to create an account and register as an authorized user.
Method 1: Activate Pluto TV on Smartphone
The Pluto TV app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for Android and the App Store for iPhone devices. Pluto TV is a free application and does not require any special activation procedures to work properly. However, you can create an account on the platform and register yourself as a permanent user.
1. Download an app from Play Store Pluto TV on your Device.
2. Open the application and click on the settings menu in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Click “Register for Free” to fully activate Pluto TV.
4. Enter your details on the next page. The registration process does not require credit card information and ensures no money wasted.
5. After all the information is entered, click “Save” and Pluto TV will be activated.
Method 2: Using the Service with Chromecast
One of the best ways to use Pluto TV is to cast it via Chromecast and watch it on TV. If you have a Chromecast and want to enjoy TV quality, here is how to activate Pluto TV with Chromecast.
1. Go to the official website of Pluto TV in your browser
2. If you have already created an account, sign in with your credentials or use the unregistered version.
3. After playing a video, click the three dots on the right side of the Chrome browser.
4. “Cast” from the list of options that appear.
5. Click on your Chromecast and the videos on Pluto TV will be played directly on the TV.
Method 3: Connect to Amazon Firestick and other Smart TVs
Once you understand the basics of Pluto TV, activating it on any device becomes very simple. You can download the app on Amazon Firestick TV and other smart TVs and it will run smoothly. However, if your Pluto TV account wasn’t activated by just signing in and the app asks for a code, here’s how to activate Pluto TV on your device.
1. Go to the Pluto Activation website on your computer
2. Here select the device you want to activate Pluto TV.
3. After selecting the device, a 6-digit code will appear on your screen.
4. Go back to your TV and enter the code you just received in the blank numbers field.
5. You will sign in to your Pluto TV account and you can enjoy the latest shows and movies for free.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Activation on Pluto TV is basically creating an account and subscribing to the service. You can use all the features on the platform by logging in with your account credentials on different devices.
Q2. How can I activate Pluto TV on Roku?
Roku is one of the upcoming Smart TV platforms that supports a wide range of streaming networks and OTTs. You can download the Pluto TV app on Roku and log in to watch your favourite shows and movies. Alternatively, you can visit this link: pluto.tv/activate/Roku and you can activate Pluto TV on Roku using the 6 digit code provided.
Activation on Pluto TV has been a problem for quite some time. While the service has taken many steps to ensure the smooth activation of its users, not many can use Pluto TV to its full potential. However, with the steps above, most issues should be resolved and the platform should be used with ease.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to activate Pluto TV. If you still have questions about this article, feel free to ask them in the comment section.