There are several bots like the Groovy bot. It all depends on your personal preferences and how you want your music to be organized. If you want to know how to play music in Discord, you’ve come to the right place.
How to Play Music in Discord
To listen to music in Discord, you can either link your Spotify account or use a bot. These two things have their own advantages and disadvantages which we will see later. Having to be able to listen to music while your favorite game is activated can be a catalyst for your already favorite game.
How to Play Music in Discord Using Spotify
To listen to music in Discord using Spotify, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Open Discord
- Go to User Settings
- Click Connections
- Find the Spotify icon
- Log in with your credentials on the Spotify website
- Click the Agree button at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions page.
You should receive a notification saying: “ Connected your Spotify account to Discord. If all is well done, you will find your linked Spotify account in the Connections tab of Discord.
How to Play Music in Discord Using Bots
You can add a music bot to your server in Discord and it will automate the whole process.
Follow the steps on how to play music in Discord using bots:
- Open Discord
- Click the More button in the lower-left corner that says “ Add Server ”.
- Give your server a name and a region.
- Find a music bot website for Discord like the Groovy bot and hit the Add or Invite button.
- Enter your Discord credentials.
- Select the server you want to add the music bot to.
- After the verification process, you will have a music bot on your server in Discord.
That’s it, it will allow a bot to select the track and play it on your server.
How to Play Music During a Discord Call
This can be done easily with the help of a bot and so we are going to show you how to add music to your Discord calls.
Open the Groovy bot website Press the Add to Discord button Select the server to which you want to add the bot Click Authorize Complete the final checks
This will allow you to set up a bot that will play music when you are on a discord call, there are a ton of bots you can use to play music on your dedicated discord server. We highly recommend the Groovy bot because it is the most reliable.
That’s all there is to know about how to play music in Discord. While you’re here, be sure to check out How to Quote Someone on Discord here.