Before buying just about anything, consumers make sure that their investment will be worth it. From a mobile phone to a movie or series on Netflix; Nobody wants to risk wasting their time or money on something without first consulting with someone they trust, a friend, or in many cases, an influencer. What is an influencer, how is it formed and what effects does it have in the digital world today? Find out.
The boom of influencers
When you recommend something from your own experience, you give others the opportunity to know data of interest (risks, cost, quality, characteristics, among others). Based on this principle, influencer marketing arises: ordinary people who are dedicated to providing quality information about a product or service in a particular niche and around which a community is being created.
When an influencer gains position and followers, he manages to drive sales and influences the purchase decision of many consumers. For this reason, investment in influencer marketing increased by 189% last year and for this year an increase of 700% is expected
How do you create a community? With time, perseverance, and consistency in the recommendations you make. Through social networks such as YouTube and People, people can post recommendations and gradually gain ground and followers.
Influencers are great content curators
“Content curation” is a digital marketing term that consists of researching, organizing, classifying, filtering, and giving an original approach to information on a topic or sector so that it adds value to the community.
Influencers must keep abreast of the latest trends and releases, as their niche demands. They need to do deep research and translate all this information in a compact and interesting way with their followers.
Today consumers are in a hurry, they need you to explain things specifically to them, straight to the point, and that is why platforms such as TikTok and Instagram have become so popular. It’s about content and recommendations that you can consume in a few seconds.
The effects of an influencer in Digital Marketing
1. Motivate user action. Vlogs, tutorials, and product reviews are the contents that top the lists of what people watch the most on social networks such as YouTube (with 31.5 million users, 72% of the Spanish population). This content is part of what they research when they have a need to solve.
2. Let’s be part of a community. Each influencer is a community unto himself. This implies that they are followed by people whose interests are related; they share interests, customs, and values in a unique and trusting bond.
3. Helps to humanize brands. Consumers feel more confident when a person they know makes a recommendation, especially if they are an influencer who is dedicated to sharing content related to that area. Influencers help to present the value of a product in people’s daily lives, allowing them to project themselves enjoying that product or service.
4. Build credibility. On the one hand, it is encouraging to find a natural recommendation for a product or service from an influencer who uses it in their day-to-day life and teaches us from their experience. Also, if a community follows an influencer frequently, it is likely that they will discover new solutions, articles, or services that they were not aware of before.
Platforms for influencers
In addition to the obvious applications that every influencer must handle, such as YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok, there are other digital tools that can help better manage an influencer’s career.
- A Color Story allows you to give effects and colors to stories and images on social networks, with more than 40 different effects to bring your profiles to life, as well as 20 free editing tools that offer art, design, and personality to your channel.
- Unfold is the quintessential Instagram story editor. This powerful digital tool helps you create editable templates, some free and others paid, adjusting to the size of your stories. In addition, it offers you additional fonts to those in the popular social network.
- People are designed so that everyone can share recommendations and even monetize their efforts to share relevant content for their followers. You create a collection of recommendations, classify the content, and group it so that your followers can benefit, who can also value your suggestions, creating a more organic community in the process. People already have more than 28 million users, but recently acquired 21 Buttons, exponentially expanding the reach of its referral network to include countries such as the UK, Germany, France, and Italy, as well as Russia and Turkey.
The value of a social network is found in the relationships that it allows building between users, by sharing interests and valuable recommendations. Dare to be part of these platforms, find a community with which you identify, and most importantly, influence in a positive way by sharing what you like the most!